We certainly aren’t limited to the number of apps that we can download onto our smartphones today. Statista has predicted that in 2017 alone, 197 billion mobile app downloads were processed. With the world population currently standing at around 7.7 billion individuals, that’s close to 25 apps downloaded per person on Earth every year.
The only thing that’s limiting us from downloading every app available is the storage on our smartphones. To ensure you only fill your devices with apps that are useful and possibly even life-changing then, VW dealership Vindis has recommended that every driver downloads these three apps heading into 2019…
Make navigating easier with HERE WeGo
We’ve all been there. Just as we drive into a busy city center and have no idea about the road layout, our smartphones lose their internet connections and, as a result, the sat nav on the devices stop working. However, the HERE WeGo app should mean that you never need to go through it again.
Using this app, you can download offline maps of the UK and many other countries straight onto your smartphone. Other nations covered include France, Spain, Italy, the US. This means that you can be navigated to your destination even when you haven’t got an internet connection.
Don’t think that the HERE WeGo app is pointless if you’ve left your car at home either. This is because it’ll inform you of carsharing opportunities nearby whenever you need it and can call a local taxi too so that you never need to worry about being stranded in an unfamiliar city.
Download the app here:
Make parking easier with JustPark
How stressful is it for us drivers to get to the end of a commute and then fail to find a single parking spot? Fortunately, help is at hand in the form of the JustPark app.
High praise has been delivered towards this award-winning service at both the 2017 British Parking Awards and Richard Branson’s 2015 VOOM event. The app itself has made up a database of 1.4 million parking spaces, off-street parking options (think car parks, private spaces, and even driveways) and on-street parking possibilities (that’s stretches with parking meters and free parking zones).
It does not just help to find a parking space where the JustPark app proves extremely useful though. You can also reserve a guaranteed space and pay for the spot via the app using either a card, PayPal or either Apple or Android Pay services. You’ll even be provided with easy-to-follow instructions and directions to space once it’s reserved.
Download the app here:
Make driving more entertaining with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay
The setup and functionality of these two smart driving companions are very similar. However, the choice of which one you download will depend on the type of smartphone you have.
Have a smartphone that makes use of the Android operating system? Then you’ll be wise to enhance your gadget with Android Auto. This smart driving companion essentially means that while you’re behind the wheel, you only need to mutter ‘OK Google’ in order to…
- Set up real-time GPS navigation and be informed about traffic alerts.
- Check your calendar for any occasions that you have scheduled.
- Set reminders.
- Get up-to-date news.
- Setting up a do not disturb message on your phone.
- Make or answer phone calls handsfree.
- Access so many of your media apps, such as those containing your favorite music playlists, audiobooks, and podcasts.
Is your smartphone based around iOS instead? Then Apple CarPlay is the alternative option. Featuring Siri voice control, here are just a few things you can do once you open the app:
- Search for attractions while driving by simply asking for directions by the following means: “Siri, where’s the closest petrol station?”.
- Have the app predict where you need to be by analyzing addresses on your recent emails, text messages, contacts, and calendars.
- Make calls and listen to voicemail handsfree.
- Have Siri read and reply to text messages, as well as send messages in new conversations too.
- Gain access to content via your iTunes, Apple Music or other audio apps accounts, as well as even request for Siri to become your personal DJ for the duration of a road trip.
In effect, you can remain connected without needing to avert your focus from the road at any point!