Grand Theft Auto V has been finally released for the PC, but there are some issues still that needs to be dealt with to be able to play it on PC. Following are some ways of coping with GTA errors on PC:
- How to stop losing GTA cars: If you haven’t played the game from December 2013 and then you want to transfer your GTA game online progress from PS3 or Xbox360 to your PC, you might not get back your saved cards. For stopping this from happening, you will have t first login from your Xbox 360 or PS3 and then transfer the game to PC.
- Name of Windows Account: While downloading the game in your PC if it freezes or gives it an error message, “The Rockstar update service is unavailable (code 1)”, it might be due to the account name of your Windows. In Windows your account name is allowed to have special characters other than just numbers, GTA does not accept uppercase letters or lowercase letters and those special characters. Therefore, this prevents GTA from getting installed to your PC. Though the developers of GT games are working on the issue but still if you want to install GTA on your PC, you can do one thing. You can make a new user account on the PC with administrative rights in it and do remember not to include special characters in that account name as that would again create the same problem for you. Still how to install GTA 5 free in your permanent Windows account is not solved, and the developers’ team is still working on it to bring as fast as they can, and also if you are playing on a temporary Windows account, how to transfer it to the permanent Windows account, is still unknown.
- You cannot detect Windows Media Player: If you want to play GTA V on your PC, you need to have Windows Media Player. If you don’t have Media Player, you are going to get an error from GTA 5 download installation that, “Unable to detect Windows Media Player on your system. Please install Windows Media Player, then retry the installation.” So, better install Windows Player before installing GTA V.
- Errors regarding Rockstar Social Club: If you come across error messages regarding Social Club, such as,
- “Social Club failed to initialize.”
- “Social Club failed to load due to incomplete Please exit the game and re-install the latest version of the Social Club.”
- “A newer version of Social Club is required. The updater may have failed. Please exit the game and install the latest version of the Social Club.”
Then you have to go to official Rockstar website and reinstall Social club from there.
For files without errors, you can download them from GTA V download.